August 28, 2011
Play by play breakdown and analysis of Blaine Gabbert’s second game in a Jaguars uniform.
The personnel numbering refers to how many tight ends and runningbacks are on the field. The first number corresponds with how many runningbacks are in the package, the second number refers to how many tight ends are in the package.
- 21 Personnel, Pro Set, FB aligned strong
- Falcons in Cover 3 pre-snap. CBs playing way off, aligned facing the QB. SS25 clearly in box on TE’s side.
- 5 step drop. Z and TE both run posts.
- Drop looks good. Pushes off front foot, gets back quickly, and has proper stride depth.
- Overstrides on release (note him kicking his front foot out before getting ready to throw). Doesn’t fully step into throw, trying to use (read more…)