Written by Joe Marino on February 27, 2016
You can see all the testing results on our Combine Results Tracker. The focus of this recap article will be to analyze highlights/lowlights that you cannot simply read off the chart.
- Michigan State QB Connor Cook’s release and throwing motion really stood out today. It is efficient and compact; ideal for getting the ball out quickly.
- On the contrary, TCU QB Trevone Boykin’s release is elongated and he “cocks” the football.
- Cal QB Jared Goff’s ball placement, as he displayed on tape, was outstanding all day. Coupled with his terrific footwork and you see why he is my top rated QB in this class.
- Penn State QB Christian Hackenberg was erratic with the football in drills. Several passes got away from him and sailed over his intended target.
- Louisiana Tech QB Jeff Driskel’s ball loses notable velocity as it approaches his target and will even nose dive before reaching his (read more…)