Community Spotlight

Justin Higdon’s 2015 NFL Draft Hidden Gems – Justin Hamilton DT Louisiana-Lafayette

Written by Justin Higdon, Senior Draft Analyst on April 29, 2015

Justin Hamilton

Justin Hamilton School: Louisiana-Lafayette Position: NT Height: 6’1 1/8” Weight: 311 Production Tier: Orange (see explanation here and example here) UPC Tier: Blue (See UPC standings here) Date of Birth: 7/27/1993 Bench: 28 reps 40-yard: 5.21 Vertical: 31.5” Broad: 96” Three-cone: 7.59 Short Shuttle: 4.62

2015 NFL Draft: Jon Dove’s Final Mock Draft

Written by Jon Dove on April 29, 2015

mariotaeagles

The waiting is over and it’s time for everyone to submit their final mock draft. I’ve done too many to count so I’m very anxious for Thursday night so we can finally see the actual results. This mock draft goes against some of the traditional “rules” in that I included a few trades.

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State

This is a pretty easy choice for the Buccaneers as it immediately solves their quarterback situation. Winston comes with his share of question marks but he’s NFL ready and possesses tremendous upside.

2. *Trade* New York Jets (via Tenn) – Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon

The Jets need to settle the long-term future of the quarterback positions. I still believe in Geno Smith but he’ll need a fresh start elsewhere to succeed. Trade details- Tennessee gets #6, #37 and 2016 2nd Round pick. Cleveland gets #2.

3. Jacksonville Jaguars- (read more…)

Luke Easterling’s 2015 All-Value Team

Written by Luke Easterling, Senior Draft Analyst on April 29, 2015

nelson2

OFFENSE

QB – Chris Bonner, Colorado State-Pueblo

This year’s quarterback class is extremely thin after the top two, but if you’re looking for a late-round sleeper who has the physical tools to eventually carve out an NFL career, Bonner’s your man. At 6’7″, 225 pounds, he’s got the size and arm strength to succeed at the next level, and though he needs plenty of refinement as a passer, he’s worth stashing on your roster and could easily outplay his draft position in the right situation.

RB – David Cobb, Minnesota

He may not have the flash of some of the more highly-ranked backs in this class, but Cobb is one of the most complete players in this group. He’s got the bulk to handle a full load of carries, if effective on 3rd downs thanks to his reliable hands and pass-blocking ability, and what he lacks in explosiveness he (read more…)

DraftBreakdown.com 2015 NFL Draft Preview Show

Written by Bryan Perez on April 28, 2015

NFL-Draft-logo-gold-03-22-15

Some of the DraftBreakdown.com Senior NFL Draft Analysts had a 90 minute roundtable discussion about the 2015 NFL Draft.  Enjoy!

Bryan Perez’s 2015 NFL Mock Draft: FINAL EDITION!

Written by Bryan Perez on April 28, 2015

mariotawinston

For the last 12 months, I’ve enjoyed my reign as champion of the Huddle Report’s annual Mock Draft competition.  But like all good things, this too must come to an end.

For now.

Like any quality champion, I won’t give up my title without a fight.  This Mock Draft is my official, title-defense submission, and while it’s hard to have an extreme level of confidence in a project that is inherently based on guessing, I feel pretty good about this one.  Remember a key and critical rule when reading this Mock:  This is what I think WILL happen, not what I think SHOULD happen.  They are two very different things.  My more thorough and personal analysis of this year’s class, including 150 evaluations, player rankings and a top-100 Big Board, can be found here.

As always, feel free to tear up this Mock Draft.  Let me know your thoughts on Twitter (@FirstRoundGrade). (read more…)

Justin Higdon’s 2015 NFL Draft Hidden Gems – Aaron Wilmer QB Delaware Valley

Written by Justin Higdon, Senior Draft Analyst on April 27, 2015

Aaron Wilmer

Aaron Wilmer School: Delaware Valley Position: QB Height: 5’ 9 7/8” Weight: 210 Production Tier: Green (see explanation here) 40-yard: 4.72 Vertical: 31” Broad: 106” Three-cone: 7.39 Short Shuttle: 4.58

Justin Higdon’s 2015 NFL Draft Big Board

Written by Justin Higdon, Senior Draft Analyst on April 27, 2015

Cowboys-Big-Board-2

From August 29, 2014, when Ole Miss defeated Boise State, to last Sunday night when I watched one last video here at draftbreakdown.com, I have viewed an embarrassing amount of college football. A nerdy amount. I also traveled to St. Petersburg, Florida in January for East-West Shrine Game practices. Then I box score scouted, and crunched the numbers on over 600 scouting combine and pro day performances. The goal this year was to implement a three-pronged evaluation process for the 2015 NFL Draft class. One that combined “tape,” player production, and athletic testing, in hopes of scaling back on some of the subjectivity involved, and better predicting success at the NFL level. Time will tell how well this recipe tastes, but at least I’ve enjoyed all of the cooking that resulted in 247 draftable grades, many more undrafted free agents, several “Undraftables,” and sadly, a number (read more…)

Joe Marino’s 2015 NFL Draft Board

Written by Joe Marino, Senior NFL Draft Analyst on April 27, 2015

NFL-Draft-logo-gold-03-22-15

*All times/measurements were taken from the NFL Scouting Combine if they were a participant. Other times are from Pro Days as reported by nfldraftscout.com

*For notes on all draftable players, please see my positional rankings here:  Positional Rankings

Rank NAME College Pos Pos Rank Grade Round HT WT ARM HND 40 225 VT BJ 3-CN 20YD-S 1 Leonard Williams Southern Cal DL 1 9.49 1 6050 302 34 5/8 10 5/8 4.97 29.5 106 7.59 4.53 2 Kevin White West Virginia WR 1 9.1 1 6030 215 32 5/8 9 1/4 4.35 23 36.5 123 6.92 4.18 3 Jameis Winston Florida State QB 1 9 1 6036 231 32 9 3/8 4.97 28.5 103 7.16 4.36 4 Alvin Dupree Kentucky EP 1 8.95 1 6040 269 32 5/8 9 3/4 4.56 42 138 7.49 4.47 5 Amari Cooper Alabama WR 2 8.85 (read more…)

Joe Marino’s Final Side-By-Side Mock Draft

Written by Joe Marino, Senior NFL Draft Analyst on April 26, 2015

mariotawinston

FRG 2015 NFL Draft Guide NOW AVAILABLE!

Written by Bryan Perez on April 25, 2015

nfldraft

The FRG 2015 NFL Draft Guide is now available for FREE via the link below.  I have made the Guide a free download as an expression of my gratitude to all the members of the NFL Draft community for the support you’ve given to DraftBreakdown.com over the years, and especially since I became a co-owner in January.

The Guide contains 150 player overviews, my top-100 Big Board (based only on the players I’ve evaluated), and positional rankings.  I did not include a Mock Draft; My final Mock will be posted here on Monday (and submitted in defense of my Huddle Report title).

Again, thank you!  Remember:  This Guide is intended to be a supplement to the already great works that have been published by the likes of Matt Waldman, Kyle Crabbs, Dane Brugler and many others.  Take your hard-earned money and purchase their products.  You won’t be disappointed!

NOTE:  Make (read more…)

Page 3 of 11412345...102030...Last »