Combine Blog: Friday
News and notes from the 2010 NFL Scouting Combine: Friday, February 26th
– Notre Dame QB Jimmy Clausen measured in at 6’2 1/2″ 222 lbs, ending the speculation that he could measure in shorter than expected.
– Former NFL GM Charlie Casserly told members of the media that he’s polled about half of NFL teams in regards to Bradford vs. Clausen. The result? They all have Bradford rated above Clausen.
– Lots of talks today about the future of the league in 2011. Looks like the 2010 year will be uncapped and the future of the 2011 season is still in the air.
– Kansas State return specialist Brandon Banks measured in at 5’7″ and 149 lbs. That’s right….149 lbs.
– Illinois G Jon Asomoah spoke to the media about Penn State DT Jared Odrick. “I watched him on film, but you don’t get the magnitude of his power from film.”
– The coin flips to determine the final order of the 2010 NFL Draft were conducted today. The Jaguars won the toss over the Broncos and will pick 10th (Broncos 11th); the Titans won the toss over the 49ers and will pick 16th (49ers 17th); and the Falcons won the toss over the Texans and will pick 19th (Texans 20th). See the full draft order here.
– Alabama TE Colin Peek and USC TE Anthony McCoy only put up 19 reps on the bench press.
– Oklahoma State WR Dez Bryant will not participate in Combine drills due to a tweeked hamstring.
– Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford has bulked up. He weighed in today at 236 pounds and measured in at 6’4 1/4″ tall.
– Arkansas OG Mitch Petrus tied the Combine bench press record today, putting up 45 total reps.
– Oklahoma State OT Russell Okung continues to help his stock, putting up 38 on the bench press today….impressive, considering he has 36″ arms.
– Tim Tebow said that he will run while at the Combine.
– Should be more info for the weekend as the drills officially start tomorrow!
Check back soon for more updates! Blog will be updated as the day goes on.
Click Here to return to our NFL Scouting Combine coverage page!