Combine Blog: Monday
News and notes from the 2010 NFL Scouting Combine: Monday, March 1st
– Alabama LB Rolando McClain didn’t participate in any drills today. He is reportedly suffering from a hamstring injury.
– After running the 40 yard dash (4.72 official), Michigan DE/OLB Brandon Graham tweeked his hamstring and was unable to participate in position drills.
– TCU DE Jerry Hughes helped himself today by running a 4.69 40 yard dash. Hughes opted out of the Senior Bowl and Brandon Graham vaulted himself in front of Hughes in most rankings.
– Jason Pierre-Paul, the physical freak out of South Florida, is still climbing draft boards. Though he only put up 19 reps on the bench press, he ran a nice 40 time at 4.64 and looked smooth in the position drills.
– Florida ILB Brandon Spikes decided to not participate in the 40 yard dash, as we reported earlier via Twitter. Spikes did, however, participate in the linebacker drills, where he looked stiff and slow. This further solidifies my early-mid 2nd round grade.
– TCU OLB Daryl Washington looked smooth in drills today and also ran a 4.66 official 40. Washington is a nice prospect for a Will linebacker spot.
– The star of the show for the linebackers in my eyes was Sean Weatherspoon out of Missouri. After putting up 34 reps on the bench press, he ran his 40 in 4.68. Weatherspoon might be the most versatile LB at the combine. He played outside at Missouri but played MLB at the Senior Bowl, and he looks comfortable in both spots. His stock is rising.
Check back soon for more updates! Blog will be updated as the day goes on.
Click Here to return to our NFL Scouting Combine coverage page!