News and notes from the 2010 NFL Scouting Combine: Saturday, February 27th
– Not known as a “strong” guy, BYU TE Dennis Pitta put up 27 reps on the bench press today, finishing 2nd among all tight ends.
– Oklahoma OT Trent Williams ran his 40 today with unofficial times of 4.82 and 4.91, which is very fast for a man his size.
– Alabama NT Terrence “Mount” Cody weighed in today at 354 pounds. That’s down 16 from his 370 lbs weigh in at the Senior Bowl. He’s getting there but just dropping that weight shows improvement and will get scouts’ attention.
– Pitt TE Dorin Dickerson ran a blazing 4.40 40 yard dash today, leading all tight ends. Behind Dickerson were Miami’s Jimmy Graham (4.57) and BYU’s Dennis Pitta (4.62).
– Texas DE/OLB Sergio Kindle measured in at 6’2 7’8″ 250 lbs, which is smaller than his listed size of 6’4″ 255 lbs. I’ll have to change my grade for height/weight.
– UMass OT Vladimir Ducasse runs an unofficial 40 time of 5.21
– Unofficial 40 time for LSU RS Trindon Holliday?…….4.27.
– Indiania OL Roger Saffold is heping himself today. Unofficial 40 time was 5.22 and he’s starting to generate some buzz as a potential 2nd rounder
– Maryland OT Bruce Campbell is becoming THE workout warrior this year. Unofficial 40 time of 4.78 and the most impressive physique of all offensive linemen.
Check back soon for more updates! Blog will be updated as the day goes on.
Click Here to return to our NFL Scouting Combine coverage page!