Luck confirms intent to enter 2012 NFL Draft

Written by Gil Alcaraz IV on December 6, 2011


Andrew Luck ColtsCongratulations to the Indianapolis Colts!

 

Unless they go on a four-game winning streak, which is rather unlikely, the Colts have won the Andrew Luck sweepstakes.

 

According to a report from USA Today, Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck has confirmed his plans to forgo his senior year and enter the 2012 NFL Draft. In an interview with ESPN, Luck made his plans for next year rather clear.

 

“I think I’m going to hopefully play professional football if a team will have me,” Luck said.

 

Well unless he undergoes some catastrophic injury during the Fiesta Bowl or any pre-draft games/workouts (knock on wood), I’m sure just about every NFL team would love to have Luck on their roster. Don’t worry, Andrew; you’re safe.

 

It’s expected that Luck will be taken with the No. 1 overall pick in the draft, which appears to be the possession of the Colts. He is considered one of the best and safest quarterback prospects in recent draft history.

 

“I thought it was pretty formal or understood when I came back last year, so I have no clue if I’ll make a formal announcement or not,” Luck said.

 

Sorry Stanford fans who were hoping for another year out of their elite quarterback; the NFL will be enjoying plenty of Luck in 2012.

Gil Alcaraz IV

Gil is the owner of the Minnesota Vikings blog, The Viking Den, and an editorial writer for Lakers Nation. Having followed the NFL Draft for years, Gil has had a knack for naming some of the big surprise players to make it in the NFL. Gil is also a member of the Football Writers Association of America. See all posts by Gil Alcaraz IV.