Hau’oli Kikaha vs Washington State (2013)
View Existing Notes 1
Add Your Notes
You must log in below or join in order to post your scouting notes.
- - Pass – Inside stunt, Kikaha gives heavy hit to OG, but the guard anchors well.
- - Pass – 5 tech. Absorbs double team and raises arm for tip ball attempt.
- - Run – stationary blocked at LOS, by the time he disengages he is too slow to catch RB.
- - Pass – Lined at MLB. Fires through line untouched after running on snap…levels RB, who takes block.
- - Run - Reads inverted veer correctly, gets untouched tackle at line.
- - Pass – 5 Tech. Inside swim and active hands beat OG, but he is knocked down by punch in QB’s face.
- - Pass – Unsuccessfully runs on snap…has to wait from MLB blitz. Wins on inside move vs guard…falls.
- - Pass – Chases down screen from DL to opposite sideline. Success.
- - Pass – Throws tight inside spin to beat OT, but ball is out mid-spin. Explosive play. Success.
- - Pass – Gets hands on OT first, swats hands away, then bends edge and dips. Grabs QB for sack. Success.
- - Run - Good backfield vision. Disengages and dive tackles RB in hole.
- - Run – Over-arms OT easily but has his ankles broken by the Wazzu runner and collapses.
- - Run – Easily swims OT but dives immediately at RB’s legs and misses. Must finish better.
- - Run – Cruises down LOS untouched and wraps up the ball-carrier.
- - Run – OT gets inside on him early, but Kikaha overpowers him by pushing off and wrapping up runner in the backfield after a LB misses his tackle. Success.
- - Pass – Fakes inside move and swims to outside shoulder. Wins, but falls down trying to bend edge.
- - Run - Uses length to keep OT from his chest, shoves off and grabs runner. Success.
- - Pass – Speed-power use to drive LT back to QB’s lap, but no pressure made after OT gathers.
- - Pass – Slow off line. Throws bad spin move inside, which is stopped…Coverage sack by Kikaha multiple seconds later after QB scrambles back into him.
- - Pass – Drives OT back using length, once he has him on skates throws explosive inside spin and runs at QB…hits him as ball is thrown. Success.
- - Run – Unblocked tackle on line.
- - Pass – Speed-power stuffed. Needs better leg drive, but length use was adequate. Loss.
- - Run – Pushed off ball to start by OT, but sheds and makes (2nd effort) tackle.
- - Pass – Swats OT’s hands down and bends edge (awkwardly) for Pressure. Success.
- - Pass – Stops rushing to cover RB screen. Good awareness.
- - Run – Holds LOS and gets gang tackle on RB.
No Comments •